MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT COURSE
MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS & SUPPORT
5th June 10am - 2pm
This Mental Health Awareness & Support training session is designed to equip staff with the knowledge to spot signs and symptom of mental health issues occurring in colleagues and the tools to deal with the situation.
The outline is as follows:
• Consider what we mean by the term ‘mental health’ and its relevance and impact within the work environment
• Raise awareness of common mental health problems including depression, anxiety disorders, self-harm and suicide, psychosis, and trauma (PTSD)
• Gain ability to spot the early signs and symptoms of mental ill health
• Know how to provide an immediate and effective response including the use of non-judgmental active listening skills
• Provide an introduction to the mental health support action plan
• An introduction to the importance of self-care and how to look after your own mental health and well-being
• Where and when to seek help
This course is run in conjunction with Griffin Care Training, a specialist trainer in Social Care and Mental Health.